Thursday, November 17, 2011

Today I was visited by some interesting people.

Entry 8                                                                                                                                         1767  
                                                     
Hey guys, Today I was visited by some interesting people. They wore some odd, gold medals with trees on them, and had heard of my standing up to one of the guards searching my ship. They wanted me to join them.. Of course, I said "YES!"

   They then told me that their goal was to end any form of "Taxation without representation".

"What's that?" I asked. They proceeded to explain that it was when you were taxed without being represented in government. Afterwards, they asked me if I would like to go to Boston with them. "Well, if I'm going to help in this form of 'Revolution', I would sort of have to.

   So, the rest of my updates will come from Boston, and no longer Rhode Island. I will remain a dockworker, however.
 [Note: The Historical significance of this is the formation of the sons of liberty.]

Image: http://dieamerikanischerev.blogspot.com/2011/02/sons-of-liberty.html, 11/17/11

Info: http://dieamerikanischerev.blogspot.com/2011/02/sons-of-liberty.html, 11/17/11

No comments:

Post a Comment