Thursday, November 17, 2011

Whatever happened to privacy?

Entry 2                                                                                                                                               1764, Month Unknown                
                                   
         So, today I was loading up a ship, and I was stopped by a redcoat who just decided to ask me for a list of all the items on the ship. I told him "No", and he said it was illegal not to, then asked me a second time, more firmly. I murmured, and listed everything on the ship for him. I told him to go on about his business after that, and he said that he now had to check the ship, and that was also the law. So, without anyone's consent, he poked his head in the ship and started poking and prodding around in there.
  (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻      
         These new laws are starting to make me a bit angry with Britain.




Image: Petter, http://blog.dontfearthemutant.com/?p=1434, Jan 21st, 2010, 11/17/11

General Info: White, Deverall, United states history: Beginnings to 1877, page 98

No comments:

Post a Comment